Find out Why the University of Phoenix Stadium Switched to LED Lighting
Whether your favorite team won or lost this week, the Super Bowl is on our minds for more than team sport – this year’s game at The University of Phoenix Stadium marks the first Super Bowl to be entirely lit by LED bulbs.
Major Universities have increasingly been making the cost saving decision to convert to LED lights and now the NFL is following in their footsteps.
Any why not? The facts speak for themselves:
1) Because of the capability of the light output for LEDs, The University of Phoenix Stadium switched out more than 700 metal Halide fixtures for just over 300 LED fixtures.
2) The new LED fixtures need only 310,000 watts of power, compared to 1,240,000 watts required by the former metal halide bulbs – a 75% reduction in energy consumption!
3) The LED fixtures also produced nearly double the illumination of the old metal halide bulbs.
4) The LED bulbs run at full intensity as soon as they’re switched on, while the metal halide bulbs take nearly 20 minutes to warm up and reach their full intensity.
5) The full spectrum, ‘real-life’ light produced by the LED bulbs result in more light and less shadows so it’s easier to watch the action, whether from home, as a spectator OR as an official.
6) One of the many bonuses of LED technology is the cool temperature at which they run, greatly reducing the air conditioning load at the stadium – further reducing costs.
7) The lifespan of an LED is 5 times that of a metal halide so the maintenance costs for the stadium are dramatically reduced as well.
There’s little room for question that whether you’re responsible for the costs to run an NFL stadium, a warehouse facility or a small retail shop – it makes sense to convert your business lighting to LED.
Count on CooLED to get the job done. We’re your Experienced LED Experts with Proven Savings Results! We do a professional lighting audit and provide an engineered lighting solution for your unique set of circumstances. We’re also the professionals when it comes to the research and submissions for your (often substantial) utility rebates, saving you time and a headache. We’ll make sure you have all the facts to make an educated decision to reduce your bottom line with the latest LED technology conversion.
Call us today at 231-421-5981
email us at: info@CooLEDinc.com